Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-w0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After the Windows Update the Equalizer in Bang And Olufsen audio control is missing.

How can I fix this ?

Before:

After - No EQ button so i cant access the options...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well Ok, i will help you. Install the 2.81 64-bit Windows 10 driver, and you will have the equalizer back. Do NOT uninstall the present driver, just run the file you just downloaded.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the same. It looks like the new, updated driver has no including equalizer. I would like to have it back too.

Maybe a HP moderator can move this topic to 'Notebook Audio'?

HP Recommended

I dont think thats true, even the older drivers do not show or enable EQ on Creators Update. 

HP Recommended

Ok, that is your own choice you don't believe me. It is very easy to get the equalizer back, it is still there. Google is your friend.

HP Recommended

No, I do believe You. You said YOu missing the EQ button on CU too. I am just saying that installing older drivers on Creators Update does not help me and I am still missing the equalizer button even with old driver - tested that myself, today.

I did some googling, but cant find anything. Give me some links with tested solutions please, if you managed to fix this. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Well Ok, i will help you. Install the 2.81 64-bit Windows 10 driver, and you will have the equalizer back. Do NOT uninstall the present driver, just run the file you just downloaded.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

HP Recommended

Thank You, it solved it ! I owe you one !!

But actually , the driver you linked me is not in fact older but newer (at least the release date is) than the one HP offers on my models driver page 🙂

Again, thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

I'm having same issue, new ENVY 17t but without B&O EQ. tried the link but when getting to download page the "executable file" link for the update is not active to download. Tried a few things but still can't try it out.

HP Recommended

Still having the same issue. Equalizer does absolutely nothing. I have no control over my audio.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.