Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Pavilion dv4-2161nr battery indicator in bottom right hand corner of screen shows 100% charged at all times.  When i am working on battery power only and I know the battery is discharging the indicator continues to show 100%.  After a few hours of working, the laptop just shuts down.  I am able to charge and work on battery power for a good period of time but indicator never changes.  Also, when the battery is running on AC power with adaptor plugged in and the battery is in a recharging state it shows a full battery.  Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

First of all, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the notebook down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the notebook on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes and see if the charge level decreases as it should.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

First of all, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the notebook down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the notebook on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes and see if the charge level decreases as it should.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  Worked like a charm. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Hi
I'm using hp pavilion , my batter is not charging but show 100% when plugged to Ac.when unplugged it turned off...
Plz help me
HP Recommended

I tried this and it did not work. 

HP Recommended

Hi cnoelleee23. What is the model number of your notebook? What version of windows is installed?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

i've the same problem and this solution didn't work for me 
My laptop is envy-dv6-7304se 
so please can you help me ?!

HP Recommended

Hi Miraremon. If the fix above did not work, try this document to test and calibrate your Battery.

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8):
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

The solution didn't work for me 
and the calibration test result is Passed !! 
despite My battery still gives me 100% charged 
and the problem was not solved 
What should i do now 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.