Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

Recently I've encountered an issue that is pretty annoying. The windows 10 battery indicator won't properly show much % I have left and stays stuck at 99% while charging or unplugged. The last time this happened to me I tried this solution and it worked

"First of all, shutdown the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for a full minute.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and theMicrosoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the PC down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then see if the notebook will start on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes. Shutdown the PC again.  Now plug in the AC Adapter ( with the battery still inserted ) and start the notebook to see if this has helped the issue at all."

Unfortunately it no longer works, I've done many tests including the HP support assistant battery check and everything was a pass & well, the notebook can run fine  unplugged around 1-3 hours even while being used, it's just the indicator is giving false readings plus no longer alerts me when the battery is low. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Frozenheart,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are having an issue with the Battery levels not more than 99% on your HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook. Make sure your systems power plan is set to Balance. If it is not you will not see these options. Here is a link of things to check. I would restore the Default settings and restart the Notebook.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Please let me know how this goes.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as Accept as Solution to help other community members!

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.