Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@ cnr

Yes.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Can i use the HP Pavilion dv6000 without a battery?
HP Recommended

@utakia 

Yes you can.Any laptop can be used without a battery.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@stevec62 wrote:

Hello,

I bought my first laptop the other day. A 17'' HP Pavillion running Windows 7. My question is can I take out the battery and just run it via the power cable? I heard you can with some laptops but not so with others.

I don't need to bring the laptop with me places so I will be using it like a desktop PC for the most part. I assume that charging and discharging the battery in time will wear it out, so if I don't need to use it on the go I might as well give the battery a rest.

how can i get rid of these popups on my hp laptop!

HP Recommended
my laptop dies when trying to boot but i think battery is low. when i try to charge it with the charger it shows blue light that the charger as connected but doesn't show the light of charging in the front. i removed the battery to use it with an adapter the laptop did not on. please help me.
HP Recommended

I have an HP DV6700 and it's doing the same thing. I've tried everything I could to get it to boot up w/o the battery but it doesn't seem to work. Rght before the battery died it worked fine (with the battery in it)

HP Recommended

Great @CherylG

I too have a question cheryl. while using our laptop this way, how does it effect on MOTHERBOARD, HARD DISK AND CIRCUITS in it. 

Appreciate for your quick response.

HP Recommended

I'm using:

HP ProBook 470 G3 - Specification | HP® Customer Support . . . https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-probook-470-g3-notebook-pc/7834620/model/7834622/document/c0...

I've had it on the Battery Backup side of an APC UPS.

Today, I'm thinking that I could put it on the Surge side of the UPS, which will free up an outlet,

and the batteries will act as the UPS for it.

Is this correct?

The UPS will provide surge and spike protection.

If you don't have it plugged into a UPS, it seems to me like you'd want to have the batteries in it, to act as a UPS.

HP Recommended

can 

HP Recommended

Current thinking: Keep batteries in it, on the battery backup side of the UPS

11/23/19 With the laptop plugged into the SURGE SIDE while "on", with the battery at 95% ... I un-plugged the UPS ... Result: It stayed on ... The modem AC adapter is also on the SURGE SIDE, which should protect Broadband line-in

11/30/19 With the laptop plugged into the SURGE SIDE while in "Sleep Mode" ... I un-plugged the UPS ... Result: It didn't come out of Sleep Mode, but it didn't come out of Sleep Mode when I hit the Esc key, either. I see that a power loss causes it to power "Off"

11/30/19 With the laptop plugged into the BATTERY BACKUP SIDE while in "Sleep Mode" ... I un-plugged the UPS ... I see that it works as expected: 1.) It doesn't power "off", 2.) It comes out of Sleep Mode when you hit the Esc key

11/30/19 Current setup ... BATTERY BACKUP SIDE: monitor, laptop ... SURGE SIDE: speakers, modem ... The LaserJet is plugged directly into the wall ... Laptop batteries: From clicking around, it looks like there can be functional issues, if you don't have them (ie. it won't boot). Just replace them once every 5 years, they're not that expensive ($32-$134)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.