Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect a Logtech wireless headset. I cannot find any settings for Bluetooth, or driver updates. On the bottom of the laptop I found the model number 15-1010wm. I tried connecting wth Control Panel>Devices and Printers, and the connect a device option. It found a phone, but not the headphones. In the summer I was looking in the settings and saw Bluetooth, either on my laptop or my siblings' (neither of them have Bluetooth options now). I have looked in Device Manager on mine and my siblings' laptop, and saw no Bluetooth. I have looked at multiple guides and none of them work. I know the headphones work because I connected them to my tablet.  Does anyone have any ideas or links to Bluetooth drivers that might help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product number confirms that your notebook is a HP 15-f010wm Notebook PC.

If you look at the link I had posted above, you will see that product number listed.

Your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth hardware.

On today's notebooks, the bluetooth hardware is located on the same circuit board as the wireless hardware.

The wireless network adapter your notebook has, which is a Realtek 8188EE wireless card, does not have the bluetooth hardware on the wireless card's circuit board.

So, it is a matter of your notebook lacking the bluetooth hardware and without the hardware, the listed drivers are of no value.

HP puts all of the possible driver combinations on the support pages for the entire 15-f model series.

So, some 15-fxxx notebooks come with built in bluetooth and would use one of the bluetooth drivers listed.

The easiest thing for you to do would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.

I use this one, which works just fine and it is very small, so it does not protrude from the USB port very much.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I remember a month or two ago Windows updated. This could be helpful.

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is an such model as a 15-1010wm notebook.

Most likely it is a 15-f010wm notebook.

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook (if it is a 15-f010wm).

It does not come with built in bluetooth networking or that feature would have been listed along with the 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN Wireless Connnectivity specification.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-f000-Notebook-PC-series/7137590/model/7280689/document/c04...

That would be why you cannot connect any bluetooth devices to your notebook.

HP Recommended

With "there is an such model as", do you mean there a model by that number, or a typo of that there is no such model? I found a link for drivers just after posting, so I'm trying installing drivers for a close model. I'm fairly certain it sn't the exact model you linked to, because it doesn't have the USB 3 outlets. It is very similar, aside from that. After installing and reboot with one of the drivers I am so far unsuccessful, but I am installing the second one.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm saying that if you take another look at the sticker where the model number is, you will see that it is an f, not a 1.

There is no such model as a 15-1010wm.  Where I have highlighted the 1 in red, that should be a letter.

You would be better off posting the product number for the notebook which can be found on same sticker as the serial number.

I would say that only about 50% of HP consumer notebooks come with bluetooth, and most of the wm models do not come with bluetooth.

HP Recommended

You are correct, it is an f and not a 1. The sticker is a little faded, so it's hard to tell. The product number is here, and it says  J8A22UA#ABA. I'm about to reboot again and see if the other Bluetooth driver I installed will do anything, if you want any other numbers I can post them.

HP Recommended

Also, I assume you are saying that it simply does not have drivers installed, but I wanted to clarify that you did nnot mean that it might be physically iincapable of Bluetooth connection.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The product number confirms that your notebook is a HP 15-f010wm Notebook PC.

If you look at the link I had posted above, you will see that product number listed.

Your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth hardware.

On today's notebooks, the bluetooth hardware is located on the same circuit board as the wireless hardware.

The wireless network adapter your notebook has, which is a Realtek 8188EE wireless card, does not have the bluetooth hardware on the wireless card's circuit board.

So, it is a matter of your notebook lacking the bluetooth hardware and without the hardware, the listed drivers are of no value.

HP puts all of the possible driver combinations on the support pages for the entire 15-f model series.

So, some 15-fxxx notebooks come with built in bluetooth and would use one of the bluetooth drivers listed.

The easiest thing for you to do would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.

I use this one, which works just fine and it is very small, so it does not protrude from the USB port very much.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. Maybe I'll get an adapter. The one you linked reminds me of my wireless mouse dongle. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, it is very small.  Just like the usb wireless mouse dongle that plugs into the USB port.

I can barely get my fingers over it to remove the thing.  Fortunately, I use it on one of my HP desktop PC's,and don't have to take it out of the port very often.

But for a notebook, you don't want large things sticking out of the USB ports,as they have a tendency to break if you bump the notebook into something when moving it around.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.