Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wanted to install Mcafee Internet Security on my Notebook. The installation steps went smoothly but at the end, it just report that installation is incomplete and ask me to reinstall again. Tried a few time and keep getting the same result.

Suspect some setting in Window 10 that disallow the installation to be successful.

Any guru that can provide assistance...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have been using Windows 10 since the Beta became available and have had no problems installing McAfee or ESET. 

The McAfee website does offer troubleshooting assistance. They can help you with installing their product.

See the following Intel\McAfee web page.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp;jsessionid=AiBe3R4CZ8hhPhVTLdKmjhqMliSf6S84JSjQOvUdlz...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thks for the prompt reply.

Did a quick check using mcafee virtual tool. And it just report that I have not installed any mcafee product.

That's why I suspect something not right with window 10. Any configuration or setting that I can check ?

HP Recommended

Contact McAffee via the link I provided in my last post. Use the Community Forum to troubleshoot the installation.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thks but don't think it is Mcafee problem.

Possible that you help give me the link where I can get intouch with a HP technician for online chat and troubleshooting. Had get intouch previously (but now I can't find the link) because I can't install chrome on this notebook (I am not joking) and the HP rep manage to overcome it after taking over control over my notebook.

HP Recommended

If the Windows 10 operating system operates as expected and you are able to install other software without issue,that makes it a McAfee software problem.

There is an underlying logic behind successful methods of troubleshooting issues. 

HP Recommended

In this case you need to make sure that your computer fulfills the minimum requirement of PC. You should have 32-bit to 64-bit operating system with Pentium compatible processor. Your hard drive should have at least 500 MB available and your system should be connected with the internet. If your system has all this then you are ready to install McAfee in your system, although if you get any issue while installing then you always have option of contacting antivirus executives at McAfee Technical Help Number UK 0800-756-3354.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.