Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Fro Book 6550b
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a HP Pro Book 6550b laptop and I want to create a recovery disk for this machine before I loan it out and it crashes.  there are several terms that are being through around as I've research the "How to created a recovery disk" project, so for starters can someone explain the difference between restore, recovery, repair, backup, reinstall....  Now that I understand the difference between the terms\actions, please help create a disk that will basically reset, reload,  and refresh  every thing in my comper  Though the years changes have been made, updates loaded, software installed\removed and I think it's time to reset the system.  I'm hoping that a total system restore will help with and I hoping one of you can help me!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.