Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP500 Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My HP500 Pavilion has been delivered with Windows 8 and CyberLink applications a few years ago.

After the upgrade to Windows 10 the CyberLink applications cannot be installed anymore (PowerDirector, PhotoDirector, and PowerDVD).

Is there a way to use the OEM licenses for CyberLink on Windows 10 as well?

Thanks in advance,

SJW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I understand your concern, and I take no offense.

I would never post links to drivers from spurious websites, unless I tell the person in advance that I got them from a 3rd party website.

And even when I do that, I download the files myself, disassemble them, and virus check the files before I feel comfortable posting them.

But all the files I gave you are definitely genuine, official, HP software files, two of which I use myself...PowerDVD and Power2Go.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@sjwestra

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

HP will reinstall the preloaded apps when you do a complete factory restore -- but that erases the entire drive, removing everything that is there.

If you provide the detailed product number of your PC, I will see if HP makes that SW available for download.

The product number will be on a tag, similar to one of those below:

HP Svce Labels-2.jpg

HP Svce Labels-3.jpg

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @sjwestra :

Here is the link to the HP CyberlinkPower DVD application, which should work just fine with your upgraded PC.

TITLE: Cyberlink Power DVD

VERSION: 12.0.4.5913 REV: A PASS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
This package provides the Cyberlink PowerDVD application in supported models
that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75514.exe

PowerDirector:  See if this version works for you...

This package provides the Cyberlink PowerDirector Software for supported models running a supported operating system. CyberLink PowerDirector is a video editing software application that transform video footage into HD movies to enjoy or share with others.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77576.exe

PhotoDirector... See if this version works for you...

This package provides the Cyberlink PhotoDirector Software for supported models running a supported operating system. Cyberlink PhotoDirector provides complete tools to edit and store photographic images.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71739.exe

HP Recommended

Hi WaWood,

Thanks a lot!

• My product number is: E1G77EA#ABH
  • My model number is: 500-035ed

As said in the former post: I upgraded to Windows 10. This was shortly after the purchase as soon as the upgrade became GA.

Best regards,

SJW

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot!

Just a double check before I try to install new software: are these executables for Windows 10 as well, even if the PC was shipped with Windows 8 (a few months before the release date of Windows 10)?

Best regards,

SJW

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, those programs are all supported for W10.

I use the PowerDVD on all of my HP PC's that didn't come with W10 and now are all on W10.

The other two, I don't use.

I also use the W10 Cyberlink Power2Go software (for burning DVD's) if you want that too.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks again, the Power2Go executable would be great as well!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

SJW

HP Recommended

No problem.

Here you go...

CyberLink Power2Go is an imedia burning software that allows users to burn data, music or video discs. CyberLink Power2Go offers support for CDs, DVDs, HD DVDs, and Blu-ray discs, and also includes features for disc copying. This package is available for supported models running supported operating systems.

8.0.3.6624 Rev.A (15 Nov 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78217.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much and - given your quick replies - you seem so knowledgeable around HP hardware and OEM software!

At the same time I don't wan't to install software from FTP sites that are not being suggested on the HP support site. For CyberLink for Windows 10, do you have links that are on the official HP support site?

Reason: today, my alternative solution for Power2Go - which is http://www.imgburn.com/ - has been identified as potential malicious by Norton Internet Security 😞 I want to avoid this for my CyberLink software, so I only want to download software from https:// sites...

PS please consider my remarks above as kind and risk avoiding, not as rude...you will understand why 🙂

Best regards,

SJW

HP Recommended

Hi:

Every one of those links I posted ARE from the official HP FTP driver site.

Just look at the site address -- HP.com

Here is the whole HP FTP software site directory.

You can cross reference the file names for yourself...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/

These are all official HP drivers from the only HP file source available.

When you download files from your PC's support page, this is the directory they come from.

If you look at the html files associated with the driver file exe's they give the complete description of the drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.