Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I haven't seen this asked before and I just got my laptop last weekend so I figure I'll throw in...  short of uninstalling the HP Advisor software, which I'm considering, how to you get the friggin' dock out of the startup?  I HATE it, I don't use it, I don't want it cluttering up my desktop and I should be given the option to turn it off.

Any one who can help would be my hero!  I'm using a dv6 notebook.

Thanks a bunch!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to Start/Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative tools and choose System Configuration. On the window choose Startup and untick which program(HP Advisor) you don't want to start at boot..

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to Start/Control Panel/System and Security/Administrative tools and choose System Configuration. On the window choose Startup and untick which program(HP Advisor) you don't want to start at boot..

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Thanks for you help...  that worked like a charm!  🙂

HP Recommended

This didn't quite work for me. When I get to the Startup window, there is nothing called HP Advisor. I have "hpsysdrv Application", "HP Remote Solution," and "hpwuschd Application." Which one(s) do I want to disable. I agree with the others on this list that HP Advisor is a pure nuisance. Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this, on the HP advisor Dock mode click on the HP advisor on the left, it'll pull up a menu, click on PC dashoboard. Then it will open a window, click on settings on the bottom left, then on the new pop up window, uncheck Launch advisor dock on every boot. Restart to see the changes.

HP Recommended

Thank you....thank you.... thank you!

I just got a HP G72 with Windows 7,  I left the "launch dock on every boot" checked by mistake, and it has been driving me crazy on how to get rid of it.

I don't know how I missed the Settings button in the corner, but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

When I set up other users, I made sure to uncheck that option when the first window pops up.

Sorry for the double post before I found this solution....

HP Recommended

Hi try this.

>Hit ctrl, alt and delete all at the same time.

>Hit the start task manager.

>click on the processes tab

>click on show processes from all users at the bottom of the window

>on the process list look for HPAdvisor.exe

>right click it and left click on end process

>after ending the process close task manager

>go to control panel look for programs and features/ programs or uninstall a program and look for hp advisor

>uninstall hp advisor from there

>reboot PC

>pc dock will never be there again

>if you want to diagnose using hp tools look for hp support assistant its a better tool to use

>hope this helps

HP Recommended

I registered just to say........Thank you very much.    I like a nice clean desktop. 

HP Recommended

Thankful!! I have only had this Laptop three days but that dock really was starting to bug me. Now my startup desktop is tidy and neat, also without annoying pop-ups from HP assistant. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

yo if u wanna TOTALLY get rid of it as in uninstall it coz u hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it from the bottom of ur heart (like me) then:

1. go 2 ur start menu
2. in search type in 'appwiz .cpl' 
3. scroll down the list till u find hp advisor 
4. left click it n press 'uninstall' 

5. live in peace without the annoying dock reckin ur nice desktop

ciao 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.