Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (86 Views)

Encountered problem with MTP device driver

Product Name: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I can't connect my android phone to my hp laptop.When I tried to resolve this, I found an Unknown device at Other devices in Device manager. Also, some device status like

'The drivers for this device is not installed. (Code 28), A service installation section in this INF is invalid.To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver'.

So I tried to update the driver but I couldn't. I'm using windows 8.1 64 bit,

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Model No: G7E76EA

Hardware id : USB\VID_1EBF&PID_70CE&REV_????

I have also downloaded and installed the Intel Chipset Installation Utility & Driver but still, the problem prevails. 

Kindly advice.

Screenshot (8).png

Associate Dean
Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: Encountered problem with MTP device driver

THIS GUIDE might give you some additional steps to try.  I know nothing about Android phones as I use iPhone.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (23 Views)

Re: Encountered problem with MTP device driver

If you connect your mobile in your windows 10 PC and it not duduct your mobile phone then check, MTP not detected in Windows 10 | Fix MTP Connection Problem on Windows 10 --------------------------------------- My Gear :- --------------------------------------- My Primary Mic - ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation