Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC keeps asking me to Install 

HP Client Security Manager Chrome Extension

then to carry out extension enabling to suit, but it won't install the extension for me to enable it, even from the link provided!

Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MrGeee

@MrGeee wrote:

then to carry out extension enabling to suit, but it won't install the extension for me to enable it, even from the link provided!

Any help?

No help of the type you wish to hear.  

After all this time, the extension for Chrome is still not available -- I cannot defend nor explain the reasoning for the lack.

A while back, Google stopped allowing the use of the extension and does not any longer support the workaround that let the extension be used in "development" mode.

If you wish to consider an alternative, Client Security (still) works with Internet Explorer.

Just tested on Internet Explorer V11.576.14393.0

Browser installed on Windows 10 Pro (ZBook 17 G3)

If you cannot stand it, won't stand for it, cannot live using IE:

If you like, consider (purchasing) Avast Premier Security which provides a nice password security program that works with both the latest versions of Chrome and with Firefox.  This is not a fingerprint logon and the encryption is unique to the Avast software.

Avast Premier is not the free version of Avast.

There are likely other options (security software / extensions) worth consideration.

Rats.

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue, but I don't want a password manager, I just want to turn off that particular notification without disabling all notifications from HP security. Is this possible? Thanks!

@Dragon-Fur wrote:

@MrGeee

@MrGeee wrote:

Any help?

No help of the type you wish to hear.  

After all this time, the extension for Chrome is still not available -- I cannot defend nor explain the reasoning for the lack.

A while back, Google stopped allowing the use of the extension and does not any longer support the workaround that let the extension be used in "development" mode.

If you wish to consider an alternative, Client Security (still) works with Internet Explorer.

Just tested on Internet Explorer V11.576.14393.0

Browser installed on Windows 10 Pro (ZBook 17 G3)

If you cannot stand it, won't stand for it, cannot live using IE:

If you like, consider (purchasing) Avast Premier Security which provides a nice password security program that works with both the latest versions of Chrome and with Firefox.  This is not a fingerprint logon and the encryption is unique to the Avast software.

Avast Premier is not the free version of Avast.

There are likely other options (security software / extensions) worth consideration.

Rats.

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.