Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello @LuisFlores,

I understand you are stating that you can boot your computer up, but it only stays on for 15 minutes and then it shuts down, is that correct? I will be happy to help you

What is the full make and model of the computer you have, if you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
I have same problem as this computer even the flashing light on the Ethernet what did. What the problem was. We first I plugged it in the power button blink when you press the button the lite picks up speed and the Ethernet lite starts blinking also when you let go of the power button the lite on Ethernet stops and the power lite keeps blinking . Did you find the problem and would you share your finding s with me
HP Recommended

Have you tried replaceing the power supply.  I had the same problem, would not boot, just a blink from the power on button.  I checked with a meter and the power supply seemed ok.  After throwing it under my bench for a few months, I decided to bite the bullet and bought a cheap generic supply for a HP G72.  Instantly, it powered up and has been working fine since.  Think the supply cost me about £10 in the  uk off ebay.

HP Recommended

I encountered a similar problem - Turned on computer, fan would start and display would light up, then it would shut down about 20 seconds after start. 

I found that the cmos backup battery wire was shorting out against a metal tab.  The wire going to that connector twisted and moved the connector sideways to where it would sometimes touch metal.  I removed to memory cover to access the battery and wiring.  I re-aligned the wire so that the connector flowed straight out from the connecting tab and the laptop fired up immediately.

HP Recommended

I gotta know,  how is the MAC book?  :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.