Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought a HP Mini 210-1000 just over a year ago. 1 Gb RAM. Win 7 Basic. Since only my son used it and only occasionally, I never realized how incredibly slow it was. Often it takes 1 min for IE to open a page. Although I have broadband, I cannot watch Netflix movies. I disabled several programs from the startup menu, run CCleaner, but it is still slow. When I check Task Manager, it seems that 60-70 of the memory is used even when CPU usage is 5%. I tried to tune it up with HP Support Assistant, but when I click on update, it fails to update, fails to analyze or gather information. Is HP Support Assistant only for products still under warranty? Can I maybe just uninstall it and then reinstall? Or am I left with no other option but maybe upgrade the memory? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
@boonetrace wrote:

It does not say "part" number on the mini, only "product" number, which is: WH684UA#ABA. Thank you.

I was thinking about product and wrote part.

The first time I asked for the correct thing and here, unfortunately I made a mistake.

My advice? I would upgrade RAM to 2 GB.

Reource:

Crucial - HP Compaq HP Mini 210-1084NR Netbook

You may check some solutions in the link below:
How to speed up system boot time and performance.

Ps.

Please remember then this is netbook, so it will never be powerfull as notebook.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n) and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Bought it here in the US. Since my original post, I managed to downoald the new HP Assistant, run it, also did other updates. Now it seems faster, but still not as fast as I would expect. I would appreciate any suggestion. Thank you.

[Removed S/N for privacy]

HP Recommended

Please post correct information. I was asking for part number not serial number.

HP Recommended

It does not say "part" number on the mini, only "product" number, which is: WH684UA#ABA. Thank you.

HP Recommended
@boonetrace wrote:

I was thinking about product and wrote part.

The first time I asked for the correct thing and here, unfortunately I made a mistake.

My advice? I would upgrade RAM to 2 GB.

Reource:

Crucial - HP Compaq HP Mini 210-1084NR Netbook

You may check some solutions in the link below:
How to speed up system boot time and performance.

Ps.

Please remember then this is netbook, so it will never be powerfull as notebook.

HP Recommended

Will do the memory upgrade. Thank you. I think the key here is what I did not realize but you said: "this is a netbook, so it will never be as powerful as a notebook".

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a HP-mini 210 series as well and I have the exact same problems!

I solved the problem using ready boost.

Because windows uses your hard disk for the system's cache if your memory is full. but sadly the hdd hard disks are not very fast. meaning that when you'r memory is full your computer uses the harddisk space making it even slower! using Ready Boost that cache is saved on a USB-Stick or a SD-Card. If you have a fast USB-stick or SD-card your computer speed will be a lot faster, and saving money on a new memory!

I hope it helped you or other people experiencing the same problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I appreciate your reply. Will do what you recommended.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.