Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
  • same problem
  • seems to have started after a windows upgrade...but could be unrelated
  • popped out key board and found that the fan will fire up...
  • still only getting the blue power LED
  • that orange button above the touch pad will turn on and off
  • appears to charge my ipod through the USB...

but still as dead as a dodo (no disrespect to extinct birds)

anyone thought about the micro switch in the hinge that sets the machine to sleep mode when you close the lid.... how would acces that to see if it works?

HP Recommended

Hello Trig1001,

Do you have any luck fixing it? If you do so can you please share the solution with us.  My HP2133 have the same problem right after the warranty expire. 

HP Recommended

Exact same issue here. Have dismantled, cleaned and reseated the memory. Removed HDD, reinserted clean all without luck.

Blue light, fan on initial switch on but nothing else.

BAH!

HP Recommended

THE SAME PROBLEM ... you know the solution?  Just not buying anymore other Hp product !!!   they are just taking the brand and making things with bad quality

I will try to open it to pull out the HDD and save my data,  the rest won´t work, is DEAD, since the beginning it started to show problems, it hang up continously, I thought it was due to the OS and installed Windows 7 ... nothing, the same issue, blocking everything at anytime ....    So, BYE BYE HP

HP Recommended

same prob.. my hp2133 just hang up and it restart by itself. when i turn on the power a black screen appear, netboot. I pulled out the battery and still its the same black screen!!! the fan is working, Any solution???? 

HP Recommended

I had some success from removing the cmos battery.  Under the keyboard there is a battery about the size of a quarter wrapped in plastic with 2 wires coming off of it.  Unplug it from the board for a few minutes and let it sit.  Reconnect the CMOS battery, hd, ram, and try it now.  It worked for my Bro-in-law's HP Mini.

HP Recommended

Since most of us are having the same problem. My stopped booting up on the 14 months of purchase. Is this model designed to stop working after a year. I think HP should take some responsibility for the defective product. 

HP Recommended
Thank you so much! I am not computer smart, but thought I'd try your suggestion and it totally worked. Before I tried it my computer would do absolutely nothing, not even turn on. It now appears to be working fine. Thanks for the fix and saving me from having to bring it in and being charged who knows how much.
HP Recommended

Dear Indayworks,

Thank you very much indeed for the information you gave. I had the same problem with my HP mini 2133. Yesterday it just could not boot up. After reading your instruction now I can use it again. Even in my case, I just recharged my phone IPAQ Business Navigator via USB port located beside LAN Port and Power terminal. I saw my IPAQ start recharging. I slided my mini notebook's power button, and then in less than one minute, blue power LED start blinking and my mini notebook started booting up. I didn't press FN + Sleep.

Again thank you very much for sharing your experience dealing with this problem.

Yours truly,

Bambang Pujonarko

HP Recommended

same problem I encountered.... will try some suggestions... I hope my mini note will got resurrected

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.