Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 22cwa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just recently bought HP monitor and connected it to my Laptop and installed the driver.

My only problem is the annoying icon on the upper right corner of my monitor. it seems like this is one feature of the driver. it goes away when I exit it out but whenever I start my computer it comes back on. (closing this is basically closing the driver's software, so it starts again whenever I restart my computer)

is there a way to turn off this feature?

icon.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @CrazyCoder,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you recently bought  the HP Pavilion monitor and it is working well except you have an icon in the upper left that you find annoying. This icon is most likely for the My Display software. Here  is a link to IPS LED Backlit Monitors User Guide for you to review. You can 

use the My Display software to choose preferences for optimum viewing. You can select settings for gaming, movies, photo editing or just working on documents and spreadsheets. You can also easily adjust settings such as brightness, color, and contrast using My Display software. You can uninstall the software, if you choose not to use it. Otherwise, you will need to check the settings to determine if there is an option to hide the icon. Please let me know how it goes. 

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks! :generic:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @CrazyCoder,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you recently bought  the HP Pavilion monitor and it is working well except you have an icon in the upper left that you find annoying. This icon is most likely for the My Display software. Here  is a link to IPS LED Backlit Monitors User Guide for you to review. You can 

use the My Display software to choose preferences for optimum viewing. You can select settings for gaming, movies, photo editing or just working on documents and spreadsheets. You can also easily adjust settings such as brightness, color, and contrast using My Display software. You can uninstall the software, if you choose not to use it. Otherwise, you will need to check the settings to determine if there is an option to hide the icon. Please let me know how it goes. 

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks! :generic:

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.