Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just bought HP Probook 4530s Ci5

Ram 6 Gb

Hard 740 Gb

1 Gb graphic card Radeon

Operating system win7 64bit

I downloaded the driver software and digital persona software from HP website, the device manager of my system is showing that the driver is installed correctly (Named as Biometric devices, and under it Validity sensor, its version listed is VFS471). But on windows log on it is showing detecting reader, and then reader is not detected. Same is happening in the software (Digital persona). I tried different softwares from different websites.  Please tell if you know something NEW. I said something new because I saw many people on many websites looking for that problem. But the problem is there.

When I run the setup of Validity sensor driver, it install fine.

Then I run the latest Digital persona software it says on its installation ("The system cannot verify that the fingerprint readers is installed"). And under it here is a option to SKIP that part. When I do it, it completes the installation and restarts the computer. After that same problem "Reader not detected" on windows log on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Uninstall driver and software for fingerpint reader.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install Validity Fingerprint Driver from here.
Download and install HP ProtectTools Security Manager from here (inside this package there is software for fingerprint reader).

Restart system and check the results.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Uninstall driver and software for fingerpint reader.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install Validity Fingerprint Driver from here.
Download and install HP ProtectTools Security Manager from here (inside this package there is software for fingerprint reader).

Restart system and check the results.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Ok, I'll tell you what I've done, so that other can learn from my mistakes.

I bought the system with DOS installed only, I downloaded MS Windows 7 64bit from Microsoft and burned it on a dvd, but it got corrupted somehow (May be because of virus on the computer), I don't know the exact reason as it was not being installed and giving error, "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing.........",  so I installed a pirated copy and tried these::::

When I was trying to install the drivers from HP's site, I saw there too many of them, I was bored, that I've to download them all. So according to my sense I downloaded some of them. Like in my cousin's computer there was a fingerprint reader driver and a software like digital persona or something, but it didn't work and my device manager was still showing it.

Anyways I redownloaded the Windows 7 and applied the windows updates. Now  I downloaded all the softwares and driver present there for my system of size 3.5 Gb. And installed all of them. It worked, I figured it out that it was the HP protect tools security manager which worked instead of digital persona software and MAY be some of the microsofts updates also.

HP Recommended

you are to gooooooooooooooodddddddddddd and to proooooo

Thanks for you great help

:generic:

HP Recommended

Thank you for soooooooooooo nice comment. 🙂

You're welcome. 🙂

HP Recommended

the reader just working fine before and it is almost a year now since i bought it then all of a sudden it didnt work now and all the post solution i cant do because even the password i forgot 

HP Recommended

HP Probook 4530s

I wanted to change my security start up User ID and password, the one that comes up when I start the laptop:

I had a corrupt Windows 7 OS, keyed in my security password and did a full Recovery (F11)

after the recovery I thought I'd see my new user computer name,  but instead I see the old name and it's still takes the same password. Question is --> How do I change the startup information?

When I  boot up and log into Window 7 it wants me to setup up a new HP ProtectTools Security Manager password, but I'd like to know - if I do that,  will that produce the change I want stated above or will I run into other issues?

Bottom line question: does the HP ProtectTools Security Manager created the before Windows boot up security?

Hasbin

HP Recommended
Wooooow Daniel it's a great tip, congratulations

greetings
HP Recommended
Fingersprint in my 4430s works well in win7 but not working in win8.1 pro 32bit. I try many time with references in forum but it still not work although i download full driver in official hp website.
I have intension to downgrade to win7 to use this device but win8 very fast and ok so i try to solve my prob, finally, its solved.

Here is my advices:
1, install Hp Assistant Tool to update all drive for the lap
2, Manager device-» Biomestric -»validity sensor device -»uninstall
3, C-» Programe File -» Biomestric -» Delete all remained what version you try to install before, -» restart your Laptop
4, download Hp Protect Tool ( version 2012 which is wirking well in win7) and install it (. You can contact me tonyviethao@gmail.com i will send you link download, becoz i canremember it when i use my phone to write this
5, Device manager-» Biomestric-» validity sensor-» update driver online by auto search via internet (VFS471) ok
Restart ur lap. Then go to you app program you can see the symbol of Protect tool and set your fingersprint as normal
Done

If anyone can solve as mine, let me know!!!
HP Recommended

The good folks at Microsoft uninstalled my DigitalPersona and HP Protect Tools to upgrade my 2012 HP Probook 4530s to Windows 10.  Upgrade failed and then they told me my laptop is NOT compatible with Windows 10 then they failed to reinstallHP Protect Tools and all attempts to reinstall have failed.

Can you help?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.