Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 440 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using Hp 440g3 laptop with intel 520, i5 6200u, 128mb vram.

I wanted to play games like gta 4, gta 5, skyrim. I can play gta 4 for some time but then suddenly it freezes but i can still hear the sound. My friend has the same specs but he has a pc and he hasn't faced anything like this. Not only gta 4 but almost happens with any game i listed above. Help Me Guys. Tell me if i have to update intel hd driver or tell me how to upgrade dedicated vram. (seems impossible to me though). ALso i have download an intel driver but it says that cannot install as some OEMs modify drivers.

Help! (should i use modded drivers - have no idea about them, heard on tomshardware)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check the device manager under display adapters and see what it says. Perhaps the current driver is not installed and it is running as Microsoft Basic video. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The vram cannot be modified that is true. 

GTA V is going to be a huge stretch for that system but GTA IV should be OK. Keep in mind if your friend's system is a desktop the mobile version of the chipset and video is not quite as powerful as the desktop version. 

I do not generally recommend modded drivers but there are a lot out there for Intel integrated graphics and many people swear by them. You are going to have to use special techniques to install such a driver. Pay attention to the instructions. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but If I install a modded driver, will it void my warrantee?? I just bought my laptop that's why asking!

HP Recommended

No the only way you void the warranty is opening it up to install hardware. You can put any software you want on it. If you need to send it in for warranty they will restore it to factory condition anyway. 

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the reply sir, but a few days back I had to reset my pc for some reason. I reinstalled Gta 4 and tried to play it but there were way too many lags and i think there was an fps drop of about 5-10. The settings were same   (commandline etc). Could you help me in this matter by giving me some tutorial on how to increase fps on intel hd graphics and/or give me a link from another website that solves my problem?

Thanks Again,

AyushJ

HP Recommended

Check the device manager under display adapters and see what it says. Perhaps the current driver is not installed and it is running as Microsoft Basic video. 

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot sir, you've helped me a lot. Now can the ram in my laptop be upgraded?

HP Recommended

How much do you have now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.