Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do I put a facebook shortcut icon on my desktop?

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

If you are using Internet Explorer you should be able to right click on you facebook home page and select "Create Shortcut".

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -

HP Recommended

To mc713:  I have tried right clicking several times in several different places on facebook and nothing comes up.  I understand what you are talking about as that is how I created short cuts on my old computer.  Do you have any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

I tried it on two different computers with different versions of Internet Explorer and it worked. Are you getting a right click menu on any other web pages? If not, you might try some of the suggestions in this Microsoft thread Can't right click in IE.

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -

HP Recommended

How do I add a desktop shortcut icon for facebook

HP Recommended

how do i put my facebook icon in my desktop...

HP Recommended

Hi,

One way to do this is as follows.

First, browse to the Facebook page you want to create a shortcut to.

Highlight the entire entry in your browsers address bar, then right click and select Copy.

Go to your Desktop, right click an empty area, move the cusor over 'New' and then select 'Shortcut'.

Right click in the box, select Paste and click Next.

In the next box, you can change the name for this shortcut if you wish, then click Finish to create the Shortcut.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

How do i get this icon on to my desktop runnning windows 8

HP Recommended

Hi,

Open the desktop version of Internet Explorer, browse to the site you want to create a shortcut for, then just drag and drop the small icon to the left of the web address on to the Desktop.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

@stonecreekranch wrote:

How do I put a facebook shortcut icon on my desktop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.