Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp au063nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So confused - just got my hp au063nr laptop today.  On my old laptop I never used the battery and kept it plugged in the outlet all the time.

So I bring home this new one and thought when it's plugged into the outlet it does NOT use the internal battery.

Well I've been plugged in for about 5 hours and my internal battery is down to 8%

So now I'm recharging it.

1.  Does it use the battery when plugged in?  Thought not but guess it does - is there anyway to turn the battery off or are my settings incorrect?

or

2.  Since it's internal the battery is used all the time?

Really confused.  It' bad enough to try and learn windows and now I have no idea how this internal battery works.  Thanks.i

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @babe2, I am the Jeet_singh. It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution. 

Please take your time and get back to us if you need any help, we'll be glad to help you.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @babe2, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand even when the adapter plugged into your PC the battery percentage is decreasing.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Please update BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update BIOS.

Also, uninstall and reinstall battery drivers on your PC.

Step 1

Click the Windows "Start" button and right-click "Computer."

Step 2

Click "Manage," then "Device Manager."

Step 3

Click the "Batteries" section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4

Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" device and click "Uninstall."

Step 5

Click the "Action" menu item and "Scan for Hardware Changes" to reinstall the driver.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info - It could have been that my power surge wasn't turned on when I thought it was.

This pc was picked up from staples yesterday where they loaded everythig.

It must have been the surge, since I got the battery to 100% and it's been at that all day.

I will keep your info if it does't work 

HP Recommended

Hi @babe2, I am the Jeet_singh. It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution. 

Please take your time and get back to us if you need any help, we'll be glad to help you.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello any expert out there,

I am Toufiq from Bangladesh. Greetings to you all.

I have a question to which I have been looking for answer to, perhaps, in all the wrong places.

Should I keep my power cable plugged into my laptop battery while I use my laptop, which is almost 14 hours a day?

Some say, yes you should. Some say No you should not.

I am using Compaq Pressario Cq43.

Please, let me know how use my laptop battery effectively.

Should I keep it on charge all time or unplug when 100%?

Thank you guys and hoping for a parmanent solution.

TOufiq.

HP Recommended

@HelpLessToufiq,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you had some questions about effective battery management for your HP Pavilion 15-au063nr notebook.

Yes, you can connect the AC adapter to your notebook while you use your laptop. 

Also, periodically allow the battery to drain completely and then fully charging it again. This helps the battery stay calibrated.

Do not keep a notebook plugged in with its batteries in place for extended periods. This may cause the battery to lose its calibration and ability to charge correctly.

Use the HP-recommended power management options when running on battery power. It can reduce the drain on the battery and minimize the power load to the CPU. This conserves the battery's overall lifespan and reduces heat buildup inside the notebook.

You may also check the link: Protecting and Caring for your HP Notebook PC

You have a good day ahead.

​​​​​​​

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.