Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC. When I hit the buttons: q+w+e+r+u+i+o and then hit n or b, airplane mode turns on/off.

Why would  this happen? Does it merely have to do with how the keyboard recognize keystrokes?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi ECEngineer,

Welcome to the HP forum!

Thank you for your query, I am happy to help. 

I understand that pressing a combination of keys, causes the airplane mode to turn off/on.

Here are some options to  try: uninstalling and reinstalling the software for the keyboard, a different keyboard, restore back to a known good time or do a system recovery.  Here is a link to the   HP Drivers & Downloads page, you will need to input your model and  operating system to display a list of drivers for your system.

Here are documents to assist you with the last 2 options  Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

and Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8).  Please feel free to re-post if you need any further assistance.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have this exact same problem, with HP Zbook 15

q w e r t   u i o p   Keys turn airplane mode on and off. and open a whole host of other menu's

I have replaced keyboard and completely reinstalled OS windows 10 latest ver.

Same problem.

Any Ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.