Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-go23cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The number row & first row of letters are typing letters & numbers at the same time. Arrow keys are also not working.

I have checked keyboard settings, language settings, "num lock" & various "fn" & other key combinations.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled keyboard driver. I have reset  BIOS to defualt settings. I have factory reset entire laptop as last resort. Nothing has worked. No spills or sprays on laptop.

Th8is 8is h9o2w 8it ty0p3es b3ef9o4r3e *I d3el3et3e all th3e n7umb3e4rs.

HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DLB85 wrote:

The number row & first row of letters are typing letters & numbers at the same time. Arrow keys are also not working.

I have checked keyboard settings, language settings, "num lock" & various "fn" & other key combinations.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled keyboard driver. I have reset  BIOS to defualt settings. I have factory reset entire laptop as last resort. Nothing has worked. No spills or sprays on laptop.

Th8is 8is h9o2w 8it ty0p3es b3ef9o4r3e *I d3el3et3e all th3e n7umb3e4rs.

HELP!

Hi Try running a diagnostic test using UEFI to check if the unit needs immediate repair since youve already mentioned performing factory reset (Thats the last resort that you will get here.)

Here how you run UEFI

Turn On the computer

Tap away ESC as soon as you press the power button

Select F2 Diagnostics

Select component test

Select Keyboard then follow the prompts

If the computer provided youa failure ID number, that means you need to have your computer repaired.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Had no problem passing the keyboard test (while it still wasn't working). But today for a few hours, the keyboard actually worked perfect! Then laptop was left idle a couple of hours, & when I used it again, it started typing incorrectly the same as before. I just don't get it. Is it likely software or hardware issue?

HP Recommended

@DLB85 wrote:

Had no problem passing the keyboard test (while it still wasn't working). But today for a few hours, the keyboard actually worked perfect! Then laptop was left idle a couple of hours, & when I used it again, it started typing incorrectly the same as before. I just don't get it. Is it likely software or hardware issue?

Well thank you for trying the steps Ive mentioned above. Lets try to narrow it down and check where does it lead.

Lets start by checking the software side.

Go to https://hp.com/support

On the search bar kindly type the product number then hit enter

Click Software and Drivers then Click Go just right beside it

If you are prompted to select an operating system  just click the current OS of your computer then hit CHECK.

Search for the keyboard driver from the list then click on download manually.

Update us with your progress.

Good luck!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Have you been able to fix this? im having the exact same issue and hp support are totally clueless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.