Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
J8B76PA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm using HP Notebook -15-r062tu .

Recently my keyboard shows an issue while playing.

Some keys for example(left arrow+uparrow , left arrow+d) are not working when pressed at same time. Multiple keystrokes are limited in my laptop now. But there wasn't any problem earlier. Earlier i used to play many games.Kindly respond to this issue..   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

There are no drivers to download for the built in keyboard.

You can go to the Device Manager (Window Key + X then Device Manager) and find Keyboard> Keyboard HID Device, right click on it and uninstall the Keyboard. When you reboot the PC, the keyboard will reinstall itself.

But that shouldn't have anything to do with certain faulty keys. You can try that if you want.

My main guess is that you probably need to replace the keyboard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @NaveenPavithran

It helps to give as much info as possible like what operating system is installed.

Its hard to say what would cause such an issue.

If its still in warranty, contact HP Support directly. Do not attempt to break open the case.

If not in warranty...

Have you tried connecting an external keyboard to see if those same keys respond to the program you are using?

IF an external does not work also, there is something in Windows or your program not working correctly.

There are a couple of things you can try that may or may not work.

If an external works, its a physical problem.

IF you have to replace the keyboard, the  model number is: 749658-001

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

No, i haven't tried connecting external keyboard.And warranty is over by now. But i tried performing a hard reset. Nothing changed.Is there any keyboard drivers i missed? I tried updating all drivers.

HP Recommended

Hello,

There are no drivers to download for the built in keyboard.

You can go to the Device Manager (Window Key + X then Device Manager) and find Keyboard> Keyboard HID Device, right click on it and uninstall the Keyboard. When you reboot the PC, the keyboard will reinstall itself.

But that shouldn't have anything to do with certain faulty keys. You can try that if you want.

My main guess is that you probably need to replace the keyboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.