07-11-2013 10:43 AM
I have a HP Pavilion G6 2080 and its seems to overheat even if its idle. When my laptop boots up its fans start to speed up as it does. All temperatures are very low when my laptop boots but later even if I don't touch my laptop and its at idle then the CPU goes at 65 degree Celcius, MotherBoard 65 degree celcius and hard drive 45 degree celcius.I just went to task manager and saw that CPU usage is only 2 percent while the physical memory was 33 percent now as I am using google chrome.I bought this laptop a year ago only.Out of 575 GB of space in my C drive I have 485 free. I dont understand why my laptop is overheating, can someone please help me with this.
Specifications of my laptop are as follow:-
- 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3612QM
- 2.10 GHz Max Turbo Speed 3.2 GHz
- 6.0 MB L4 cache/ Intel HM76 Express
- Hard drive: 640 GB sata HDD
- RAM : 8.0 GB DDR3 SDRAM- 1333 MHz
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7670M + 7670M Dual GPU (1024 MB DDR3 Dedicated) total available Graphic memory is 5098MB
- Audio system powered by Altec Lansing-Dolby Advanced Audio
- Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 original with SP1 (64bit)
- Ports: 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 Headphone-out, 1 Microphone-in, 2 USB 2.0, 1 NEW USB 3.0 PORT, 1 LAN PORT
- Lithium Ion Battery 6-cell
- Bluetooth 3.2
- Card reader, HD camera and Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Fast Ethernet, HP CoolSense
07-12-2013 08:13 AM
Please take a look at this document, which explains various reasons why computers generate heat, and what to do to help reduce the heat.
This document will give some troubleshooting steps that will help reduce the heat. Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.
01-17-2014 09:57 AM
hi, what is the deal you place all these documents blaming things on this or that and how to cool your systems laptop.
HELLO just fix this already, stop using parts that are not working properly you hvave know this is an overheating problem from the video card for a lont time. Stop making exscuses, just fix everyones broekn bad computer components.
where can i send my laptop to have you fix it.