Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to know if the pinhole size dot is supposed to be on the computer next to the touchpad or is it a flaw? What's its purpose? I have three days to return it if it is a flaw.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is the one I'm talking about:

pinhole.png

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

That's probably the touchpad light. When it's ON, the touchpad is disabled; when it's OFF, the touchpad is enabled. What model is your Pavilion?

HP Recommended

Hi,

It's actually a light, you can turn it ON/OFF by double taps to the top left hand corner of the touchpad. Nothing wrong with it.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast response. Model number is g6-2296nr. I just opened the box and haven't even installed the battery yet. There is a small indented circle inside the touchpad that is probably the light it's the same color as the computer. I'm referring to a small dot like a pin hole outside of the touchpad to the left. It's very small. Do you know what I am talking about? It looks like it belongs but I want to be sure. I would like to know if it belongs before I have to send it back as defective.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is the one I'm talking about:

pinhole.png

Hope this helps.

BH

HP Recommended

It is the touchpad light. It's supposed to be there. You tap the button on the touchpad to enable/disable the touchpad. The light is ON when the touchpad is disabled. See page 7 of the user guide for your laptop here:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03529460.pdf

HP Recommended

Yes! I love you, well you know what I mean. That's exactly what I was talking about and I am so relieved that I don't have to send back the pc. You were very helpful I have never done this before. I truly appreciate it! 

Kelly 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.