Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)

Plugged in, not charging

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a question about my leptop's battary problem. A few days ago, after shut down, my leptop had usual update (Update & Shut down). As I remember, from the next day it has had this kind of battery problem - "Plugged in, not charging". When it is about 85%, it stops charging. I'm sure that my battery doesn't have any problem, but I could't find any solution to solve it.

Thank you in advance.

aa.JPG

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (93 Views)

Re: Plugged in, not charging

Hi @Mamson,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you, I understand you are having charging issues on your HP laptop. Don't worry, though, as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Biswajeet
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (84 Views)

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (72 Views)

Hi @Mamson,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you want to know more about how to reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant, once you uninstall this driver and then restart the PC, this would automatically look for the drivers and install it. Please do perform the steps I had suggested as well and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

Regards,

Biswajeet
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation