Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 7 (3,273 Views)

Print Screen

I need to send a screen print but for some reason I am unable to get a screen print to paste either in a Word document or in an email.  Can anyone help?

Associate Dean
Message 2 of 7 (3,263 Views)

Re: Print Screen

Hi, which version of Windows are you using?

Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am a volunteer posting here on my spare time.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (3,255 Views)

I have a similar problem.  I have a Presario CQ-615DX laptop, loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium and Internet Explorer 8.  When I attempt to capture a screen shot using the numeric keypad button marked "home/prt sc", I am then unable to PASTE an image into Windows Paint (and probably elsewhere) as I have done in the past with other versions of Windows.  A moment ago, I read something  here in another post about the association of the Num Loc key with various other keys and will try that after I complete this post.  I also read something about the association of the "fn" key with respect to various functions.  I have searched Help data bases in both HP and Windows 7 but I am unable to find anything specific relating to "how to create a screen shot" using your new Presario-615DX laptop. button marked "prt/sc". I am bewildered and would appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

Associate Dean
Message 4 of 7 (3,253 Views)

Hi, Win7 comes with a free tool called "Snipping Tool", give it a try.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (3,246 Views)

Thank you, 8Lives -- The Snipping Tool is an excellent solution to my delimma.  I will use it regularly and not loose ANY sleep, while I try to uncover why the Altec Lansing, numeric, keypad, button marked "Home/prt sc" is functionless. Snipping Tool appears to have not only the ability to capture a FULL SCREEN shot but also the ability to manipulate the image with several interesting tools. ThSQ

Student
Message 6 of 7 (3,068 Views)

I am using a HP Mini 110 with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8. I tried to print the screen by pressing the 'prt sc' button but it doesn't work. How do you print the screen?

Associate Dean
Message 7 of 7 (3,058 Views)

PrtScrn captures the whole screen to the Windows clipboard.

Paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that supports graphics.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation