Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The items in C:SWSetup\Inetsec would not interfere with the new installation. If you want, you can even delete this folder.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

thats what I was wondering, if I could safely delete the Inetsec folder

Now do you know if the Inetsec folder would contain Windows Security items, like the firewall, windows defender?

HP Recommended

Nope...this only contains norton internet security software but not Windows firewall etc.,

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

so for sure the Inetsec folder in C:\SWSetup   is the Norton security that was included with the laptop?

HP Recommended

How SWSetup folder can be removed from hard disk?

HP Recommended

The SWSETUP folder is not a dependency folder. It is just created when installing any HP Driver or software updates. You can just delete it like any other folder. If you are experiencing problems in deleting it, please let me know the exact error message.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

what is SWsetup

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.