Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The battery of my notebook is charging very slow (around 12 hours for a full battery).

I checked the battery and adapter on an other HP Pavilion g6-1150sd notebook-pc an then they work fine, so the problem must be my notebook.

Can anyone tell me if there is a solution to this, the problem occurred a view days after spilling coffee on the notebook (I was not me! :))

HP Pavilion g6-1150sd notebook-pc 

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Rempsycho,

I understand you are stating that the battery takes up to 12 hours to fully charge, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.  

There is a chance that the spilling of the coffee could be the blame but we will try a couple things.  Just to make sure you are also using a G6-115sd, is that correct?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Both are correct, thanks you want to help.
HP Recommended

Rempsycho,

If you look at the bottom of the computer you may find a tag and see if that tag says product number or P/N. If you don’t see anything that looks like that remove the battery and look inside of the cavity to locate that information. Here is a link that might help you locate that information.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

S/N:  [Personal Information Removed] 
P/N:   LX300EA

HP Recommended

Thank you for that information.

I would like you to do a hard reset first, see the steps below.

1.       Turn the computer off

2.       Remove all connections including the battery and AC adapter

3.       Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds

4.       Reinsert battery and AC adapter and turn the computer back on

Once you are back on your main screen, check your current BIOS version to see what you have installed, see the screenshots below to show you how to check.

bios1.PNG

bios3.PNG

Allow the battery to drain and then attempt to charge and see if there is any difference.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Hello RedRose0528,

april the 23th i updated te bios, BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.66, 24-1-2013)

I did the hard reset etc. with no results (in 8 hours 70% charged)
HP Recommended

Rempsycho,

If you haven’t run a test on the battery, I would like you do so.

1.       Turn the computer off

2.       As soon as you turn it back on tap the F2 key repeatedly

3.       It should lead you into the diagnostic screen

4.       Choose battery test and turn the test

Please respond back at your earliest convenience with your results

Thanks

HP Recommended

I've tested the battery on several ways, also on an other HP Pavilion g6-1150sd notebook-pc al test results are fine.

HP Recommended

Rempsycho,

I believe there is something physically wrong with the laptop, possibly the battery contacts on the bottom side. Maybe the input DC power jack where the AC adapter plugs into.

Do you know if the computer is covered by any type of accidental damage protection?

Thanks 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.