Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an Omen 15 laptop and here are my specs
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
16 GB Ram
64-bit operating system, x64 based processor
Nividia Geforce 860 4 gig
Windows 10

I have been able to run all of my games flawlessly, battlefront, civ 5, ck2, total war, ect. for as long as I've had this laptop.  About 6 days ago my laptop has started lagging on all those games (and some other programs, even sometimes the internet) to the point where the games are completely unplayable.  I've restarted my computer, I've updated my computer, I've reinstalled my old drivers (the ones specifically on the HP driver site), I've defragmented my computer, I've ran multple full system sweeps (McAfee and Windows security), I've turned off my virus protection, I've went into the task manager and closed background apps, I've reset my computer to an earlier date before the problem, I've modified memory allocation, I've cleaned my fans and checked the running temperatures, all to no avail. My computer still can't run games at all or normal programs as well (can't even correctly run the HP support assist).

All in all I am extremely frustrated and I was wondering what you could suggest I do to fix this problem and get my computer back to normal.  I paid over $2,000 for this laptop, and I am very disappointed that I am unable to call anyone because I've had it for over a year.  Needless to say, this very well maybe the last HP product I purchase.  This problem has happened to me before.  Last time it was because HP refused to update the system to be able to run the newest nividia drivers.  Maybe this time it is the same thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Zeddiclease

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your recent performance problem and wanted to help -- but need more information.

According to the HP product page for your laptop, it came with Win8.1 preinstalled, not Win10.  So, when did you do the Win10 Upgrade?

Also, starting the beginning of this month, Microsoft has been pushing out the Anniversary Update (AU) and this is causing LOTS of problems with folks whose Win10 machine behaved flawlessly -- until now.

I had that happen to my PC and it's been running Win10 since the earliest days of the Insider Preview last August!  I had to do a Repair-Install from brand new installation media to get it working right, again.

Open a command window and type "winver" (without the quotes).  If you are still running the November 2015 version of Win10, it will say build 10586; if you are running the AU version, it will say 14393.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Zeddiclease

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your recent performance problem and wanted to help -- but need more information.

According to the HP product page for your laptop, it came with Win8.1 preinstalled, not Win10.  So, when did you do the Win10 Upgrade?

Also, starting the beginning of this month, Microsoft has been pushing out the Anniversary Update (AU) and this is causing LOTS of problems with folks whose Win10 machine behaved flawlessly -- until now.

I had that happen to my PC and it's been running Win10 since the earliest days of the Insider Preview last August!  I had to do a Repair-Install from brand new installation media to get it working right, again.

Open a command window and type "winver" (without the quotes).  If you are still running the November 2015 version of Win10, it will say build 10586; if you are running the AU version, it will say 14393.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the speedy reply!

I've had windows 10 for awhile now, asap when it became available.

You were right, it was the updating that was causing me problems.  My computers issues have resolved themselves.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.