Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15-p119
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP Support folk,

I have a very similar situation to the one spoken about in this thread, the only difference being my OS: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/VGA-and-USB-Driver-Not-Working/m-...

With any device (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, FIIO x1), if I plug it into my laptop the device begins to charge but is not synced and I can't access or transfer and data between the laptop and the device.

I have tried disabling the drivers and resetting them. I've tried hard resetting the devices. None of these help.

This laptop came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. I wiped it clean and now have a manually installed Windows 10 (64-bit). I'm having trouble finding any specific drivers. I've used the HP support assistant and it tells me all is up to date. Windows also tells me the drivers are up to date but I'm wondering if the drivers are generic ones rather than specific ones for this laptop.

Where might I find a better driver? Or are there any other solutions?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mrawjm,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read that you are having issues with the HP Pavilion 15--p119 Notebook and recognizing a USB device. Here is a link to troubleshoot USB connections.

I would uninstall everything listed in the Universal serial bus controllers list.

Please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices before uninstalling Universal serial bus controllers.

Restart your computer and then insert the USB device.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for trying to help!

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mrawjm,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read that you are having issues with the HP Pavilion 15--p119 Notebook and recognizing a USB device. Here is a link to troubleshoot USB connections.

I would uninstall everything listed in the Universal serial bus controllers list.

Please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices before uninstalling Universal serial bus controllers.

Restart your computer and then insert the USB device.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for trying to help!

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you. Your solution worked. But I also have another problem now: all my devices are working through the USB now except for one... my iPad. It is charging but will not sync. I have tried the solutions offered on Apple's website but none of them seem to work. I'm wondering if anyone has had that issue with an iPad before and what their solution might have been.

I've tried:

resetting both my iPad and computer.

The above solution for the main issue in this thread.

I have the latest version of iTunes and my iPad has the latest IOS.

Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

Hey @mrawjm,

Have you tried a different Cord? Mine would charge but would not display as the cord was damaged someway.

Let me know.  Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.