Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

that is the touchpad button... the pin hole is the button... if you tap it twice the color will change.... that turns the touchpad on or off...

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

On my DV7 that switch turns off the touchpad.

If you use a wireless mouse you can turn it off.

HP Recommended

I have an HP G62 laptop fyi.  There is no actual button, just a red light that appears.  Am I doing something accidentally to turn off touchpad?

HP Recommended

that is the touchpad button... the pin hole is the button... if you tap it twice the color will change.... that turns the touchpad on or off...

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~
HP Recommended

Signed up just to add kudos to you!  I can work my laptop without a mousepad, but would rather not (since my mouse is missing).  Helped me turn on my mousepad, and solved an annoyance I had with this laptop.  Thanks!

-Mike

HP Recommended

thanks for the Kudos. happy to help!! ^^,

~reikableu~
HP Recommended
Kudos from me too. It's great to get rid of the mousepad!
HP Recommended

pls,

what is the red light above the touchpad area that i am seeing right now?

tks

HP Recommended
Could not figure this out for days didn't even see that little indent in my touch pad till I read ur answer I signed up just to give u kudos and let u know u helped alot thanks so much hope the kudos help ya out thanks again have good day
HP Recommended
This comment is for (Reikableu)thanks again bud really saved me from getting angry and Breaking this thing lol it would been ok since I have apple laptop lol pro air or some **bleep** newer one that came out and man that's alot diff and more confusing then the hp haha thanks for ur help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.