Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello!

im eather gonna buy,

HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ak005no Processor Processorfamily Intel® Core™ i5-processor Processor Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ med Intel® HD Graphics 530 (2,3 GHz, upp till 3,2 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 kärnor)

or

HP Pavilion 15-ab102no Processor Processorfamily AMD Quad-Core A-Series-processor Processor AMD A10-8700 APU med fyra kärnor och Radeon R6-grafik (1,8 GHz, 2 MB cache)

Im going to use the computer for gaming and editing videos in sony vegas, they have different processors and im wondering which one is the best for me? It is also important that i can use it as many years as possible.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In general, I prefer Intel based computers, but in this case based on the specs you cite, the AMD model has better video and would be better for games. 

I am not even going to try to predict the useful life of either model because it depends on so many variables. Laptops now become obsolete in 3-5 years anyway even if they could last longer. 

But I did go look at the actual specs for the 15-ak005no and it does not show the Intel 530 graphics but the nVidia GeForce GTX 950M which would be way better than the R7 video in the AMD model so if that is correct, you should get the Intel model no question even if it is more expensive. The Intel processor model likely has switchable graphics which means it has both the Intel 530 and the nVidia. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In general, I prefer Intel based computers, but in this case based on the specs you cite, the AMD model has better video and would be better for games. 

I am not even going to try to predict the useful life of either model because it depends on so many variables. Laptops now become obsolete in 3-5 years anyway even if they could last longer. 

But I did go look at the actual specs for the 15-ak005no and it does not show the Intel 530 graphics but the nVidia GeForce GTX 950M which would be way better than the R7 video in the AMD model so if that is correct, you should get the Intel model no question even if it is more expensive. The Intel processor model likely has switchable graphics which means it has both the Intel 530 and the nVidia. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! very helpfull, i will get the one with intel!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.