Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought a used laptop, an HP Pavilion dv6700 according to the sticker on the bottom. However on the top left of the display it says it is an HP Pavilion dv6000. In setup, it is listed as a dv6700, but according to the HP website they say I have a HP Pavilion dv6809wm. I was going to update the bios but, bios version updates are different for the dv6700 and the dv6809wm. I would really like to be sure which model I have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try searching using your Product No.  This will look like for example XE274EA - see Here for a further explanation on how to locate this.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try searching using your Product No.  This will look like for example XE274EA - see Here for a further explanation on how to locate this.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Thanks...according to the product number I have a dv6809wm.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I'm in a similar boat.  My Product on the sticker is listed as dv6700.  However, also on the sticker, above the word "warranty", it says "dv6929wm"    HP's website tells me I have a dv6929wm, but Windows identifies it as dv6700.  Tell me, why do I have two model numbers?  The nonclementure is confusing.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.