Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

sure it is possible. just assembly the M2 SSD and boot up your computer. then you can use your OS to create partitions and format them

HP Recommended

Just an update. Curently I use Transcend TS512GMTS400 in my machine. It work flawlessly for me.

HP Recommended

Hi td101,

I too have a HP EliteBook 840 G2 (J8R64EA#ABU) and have recently purchased a Crucial MX200 but it didnt seem to work, did you have to change anything in the BIOS.

Thanks

DMN

HP Recommended

hi,

if not ticked yet, you have to tick the marked option under the "advanced" tab:

2016-02-10 23_19_27-Info-Center.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

Anyone tried if  2280 can work?

HP Recommended

is it possible that both SSD to be configured into RAID 0?

HP Recommended
Physically impossible.
But 840 G3 has new hardware design and will fit a 2280.
HP Recommended

td101,

Thankful I found this post. I just got in my possession a 840 G2. It has 128gb ssd but it is the 2.5 sata. I don't do too many things are extensive, i just wanted more space. It doesn't seem that too many m.2 2260 are made. Maybe its just a better option to go with a 256ssd sata III?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820178967

Such as something like that? I am curious though what does the TLC mean and is that relevant?

HP Recommended
Please use Google for “ssd tlc vs. mlc“. You'll find all information you need.
I use two ssd in my G2. Windows OS on the M.2, and everything else on the 2.5
HP Recommended

@td101 wrote:
Physically impossible.
But 840 G3 has new hardware design and will fit a 2280.

Hi td101, thank you for all the great info on the 840 G1-3. Like most people here, I have an 840 for work. I really cannot modify the 2.5" bay, so the the M.2 slow is a great option but HP has no documentation on it whatsoever. I have a G2, so now I'm hunting for a 2260. Although I'm pretty jealous of the people with the G3 since 2280 is dominating the market.

Amazon and Newegg have very few 2260s. Please post if you know any stores with a good selection. I'm looking for something around 128GB at a good price per dollar. I'm less concerned with speed, because I do not notice it in my workflows. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.