Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi!

i'm using hp dv7 notebook and have problem

many people got used to rename items with f2 but with my new hp dv7 i have to use fn+f2 instead 

f2/f3 keys change to brightness, i don't use it

is it possible to change this and rename items with f2 as usual, but without disabling fn keys?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

I some new models HP decided to replace the F1~12 keys by the special media keys (luminosity, volume,...). SO you have to get to press Fn+F2 to get the F2 key working like a real F2 key.

But you can change this setting by going into the BIOS of you computer. For that, you must press the F10 key, just have you pressed the Power button when starting your computer. This will simply be an option to change in the menu. Then "Save & Exit", and when you will be back into Windows, your F2 key will be a real F2 key again, and you will have to press Fn+F2/Fn+F3 to change the luminosity.

Regards

I am an HP employee, but I speak on this forum only for myself and not for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.