Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

i try all the way to enable the touchpad but it did not work at all pls help me enable my touch pad

HP Recommended

Hi dolley:

Thank you for your request.  I am pleased to help!

When posting it is most helpful if you provide the model of your computer and what Operating system you are running.  I understand you accidentally turned off the Touchpad., and would now like to enable it. I am sending you a link to a page for  touchpad. You will need to select the one for your operating system click here. You should also be able to enable it,  following these steps. Click the Start button, and type in Mouse. Click on  Mouse to open it, click on Device Settings. You should be able to enable and disable the Touchpad here. 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Worked here, mine is Probook 4430s. Thanks!!!
HP Recommended
Thanks for the link to the directions. Double tapping wasn't working and I couldn't remember how else to turn touch pad back on.
HP Recommended

@JakeGill wrote:

Some how I turned off the touch pad/mouse thing and can't figure out how to turn it back on. Please help me!

HP Recommended

@BBot wrote:
hi,

probably you accidentally touch upper left corner of touch pad, please dobule tap again on upper left corner of your touch pad, also you'll see orange led light when touch pad disabled.

This solution not for all models HP laptops, please let me know if it's helps and write your laptop model.

HP Recommended

bbot,

you are awesome! after 30 minutes of restarting and  trying to figure out what the heck happened and how do i fix it? i decided to go online and low and behold bbot had the answer all along....

thanks so much ! learn something new everyday....

now i can finally relax and go to sleep. gd nite.

HP Recommended

Hi BBot,

This worked for my ENVY m6 just so you know!

Thanks bunches,

Bee

HP Recommended

i am very worried i want to know what happened to my touch pad ihow do i  fix it i have online classes please help me as soon as possible. i was watching on youtube when that happened but i realized that the cursor doesn't work so i restarted my laptop and now i dont see the cursor at all my model is M6-K025DX

HP Recommended

how do i turn the touch pad/mouse thing back on? i have no idea how i turned it off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.