Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au102TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Forumers,

I bought my HP Pavilion 15-au102TX note book on 13th Oct 2016, it comes with a 2 years warranty.

I registered and access to HP Support assitance and check the warranty period is correct (until 12th Oct 2018)

It was recommented to buy an extended 3 years carepack for this product so I bought the 3 years extended carepack on 14th Oct 2016 and on 27th Oct 2016 I received the Invoice but there was no serial number on it.

I would like to know below:

1.  Where is the serial number that required for care pack register? Will it be included in the invoice?

2.  In the forum someone mention about the "care pack certificate", is the serial number inside the certificate?

3.  I still don't received the certificate yet, how long will I get the certificate after the invoice date?

4.  How does the certificate send to me? By post or by Email?

Rgs Goh

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kwee88

Although I cannot provide the full answer; I am sure this can be sorted.

In general, you will receive the key information via email, including the serial number of your CarePack certificate, along with instructions to view / print the certificate.

If you have not received the information you expect, contact HP Technical Support -- explain the issue and ask for help.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts -  USA / Canada

Fill in form to receive Case Number and Contact Information

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Contact Information - Including UK

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English-Speaking Countries

HP World-Wide Support

Warranty Check

HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:

Care Pack Central

CarePack Definitions (File may be slow to load in Firefox - Edge is faster...):

Care Pack Services Definitions

HP Consumer Services (Service Purchase Information)

1-866-724-8600

NOTES:  

• If you try to find the information in CarePack Central and the program does not find your system / package, fear not:  Carry on and contact HP to obtain clarification.
  • You might contact the Consumer Services number; although the number is meant for the purchase of new contracts, the support team may be able to connect you with the correct department.

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you Dragon-Fur for the reply.

Although I still don't get my problem sorted out yet but I have finally get the HP care pack support to help me to create a Case Number so I can follow up with email.

Actually I already contacted the HP support number that is printed on the care pack invoice (3 times), but due to the person who answer the calls speaks English with local accent and sometimes we misunderstand each other.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to register and update the warranty records when you purchase the HP care pack, years ago when I purchase the extended warranty for DELL notebook it was straight away updated.

By the way I still don't understand how the process from the time you purchase the care pack until your warranty record is updated. Below is my experience:

1.)  I purchase the care pack by filling in the form with the required information.

2.)  I received an e-mail from HP (acknowledgement of the registeration)

3.)  I received the TAX invoice of the purchace by mail (after 3 weeks) but there is no certificate serial number on it.

DO I need to wait for the certificate to be sent to me? How long time usually it takes? By post or by e-mail?

Thank you in advance if someone who have purchase a care pack can provide me the actual process.

Best regards,

Goh

HP Recommended

@Kwee88

I am sorry it has been a tangle.

My own experiences have varied - recently it does seem the process is easier.  That does not help if you are the one for which things are not working as expected.

I have asked for assistance with your plight.

Thanks for your continued patience!

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.