Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

With windows 10 the hp client security is installed. Several times a day there is a pop-up with the question to complete the setaup of the password manager for Google Chrome. I alraedy have a password manager, so i don't need the one that comes with the hp security client. 

How can i turn this password manager off, or how can i turn these notifications off?

I tried to google it several times, and there where no solutions. I also tried to complete the setup, but even that is not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sebabje

Relevant to business class computers running a recent version of Windows 10 and Client Security Software:

Disable the HP Client Security Manager Extension in Chrome:

Chrome > Settings > Extensions > UNCHECK the extension

If it continues to bug your trip, Disable the 'Manager and then click the Trash bin (next to where you disable the extension)

Edits - Add method to disable / enable Client Security logon prompt

and / or

Client Security > Disable prompt to add password to login screen

Windows key + S > search for Client Security

Open Client Security Dashboard > Click / Open Password Manager > Setup >

UNCHECK Prompt to add a logon when on a logon screen

Save to exit and save edits

Client_Security_Password_Mgr_1.JPG

Client_Security_Password_Mgr_1A.JPG

Client_Security_Password_Mgr_1B.JPG

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@Sebabje

Relevant to business class computers running a recent version of Windows 10 and Client Security Software:

Disable the HP Client Security Manager Extension in Chrome:

Chrome > Settings > Extensions > UNCHECK the extension

If it continues to bug your trip, Disable the 'Manager and then click the Trash bin (next to where you disable the extension)

Edits - Add method to disable / enable Client Security logon prompt

and / or

Client Security > Disable prompt to add password to login screen

Windows key + S > search for Client Security

Open Client Security Dashboard > Click / Open Password Manager > Setup >

UNCHECK Prompt to add a logon when on a logon screen

Save to exit and save edits

Client_Security_Password_Mgr_1.JPG

Client_Security_Password_Mgr_1A.JPG

Client_Security_Password_Mgr_1B.JPG

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks! It worked.

HP Recommended

@Sebabje

You are welcome.

Happy Computing!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

It went well for a day...

There is still a windows 10 pop-up even when a disabled it in chrome. It asks to complete the setup for the chrome extension. In the HP security client there is no option to disable only the chrome app. 

I don't want to disable the whole securtiy client, but only the password manager part. Is there another solution.

Thanks again.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

How to disable the annoying popup ?

HP, we paid premium price for these computers, we don't want annoying bloatware with hard to disable 'features' we don't need!

HP Recommended

THIS WORKED FOR ME.  However, it was not clear how to get from settings to extensions.  I had to go to "sync" and then turn off extensions.  It seems that the error message no longer is an issue

HP Recommended

Been asking the same question in other posts. Apparently HP does not have a solution to stop the HP password program ( not outlook or other program) from popping up and asking to complete the password. Sadly when ever Outlook checks for email and logs into the server the HP program needs to do the popup and ask. Outlook works and downloads email because the passwords are already in the application. All we need from HP is a way to stop the pop ups and not totally delete the application which also does the finger print login. Are we forced to totally delete the application and use a competitive application ?

HP Recommended

Hello HP!!! do you have a solution to stop the pop up's yet???????????????????????????

HP Recommended

To disable the extension in Chrome:

1. In Chrome click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the address bar at the top right of your screen ":".

2. Select "More Tools   >"

3. Scroll down the list to "Extensions"

4. The page address is "chrome://extensions/"

5. Scroll down the list of extensions, mark and "bin" the HP Security Extension.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.