Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-r014TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hp support assistant stopped working on my hp 15 r014tx laptop. After this problem I uninstall hp support assistant and download new hp support assistant Setup and intall but problem not sloved it still not working.

I upload a screenshot which show what happen when i open hp support assistant. It's show error then stopped.hp support assistant 1

after that this happen
hp support assistant 2

then it close automatically.

Please tell me how i can fix it.
my pc is upto date all software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @rhl_yadav,

Thank you for your reply.

You stated if you reinstall Windows it works fine for a few days but then comes back.

When it is working and before it fails, what changes?

If you are unsure, please do a HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎 to get it working again.

Although this should not affect your personal data, I do suggest doing a backup to ensure no data does get lost.

Create a restore point that you can go back to.  HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

Watch closely to see if you can determine what changed that caused this difficulty.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @rhl_yadav,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a  wonderful place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I understand that the HP Support  Assistant has stopped working.  You have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the issue remains.

Did you do a restart after uninstalling, and before downloading and reinstalling ?

Have you tried installing the HP Support Assistant in administrative mode?

If you try to run it while is safe mode does it work?  HP PCs - Windows 8 Safe Mode

Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you checked for viruses and malware?  MS Malicious Software Removal Tool

To say thanks for replying please click the thumbs up button below.

If this overcomes your difficulty please tell people by choosing solution provided.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Yes I did restart after uninstalling, and before downloading and reinstalling.

Yes I installed HP Support Assistant in administrative mode also.

I run in safemode also but did'nt work.

Yes I run the Windows troubleshooter but did'nt work.

Yes I checked for viruses and malware nothing found.

After also these still it not working showing same error help me!
It will start working after i reinstall window but after few day it stopped and showing same error.

HP Recommended

Hi @rhl_yadav,

You stated if you reinstall Windows it works fine for a few days but then comes back.

If you are unsure, please do a HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎 to get it working again.

Although this should not affect your personal data, I do suggest doing a backup to ensure no data does get lost.

Create a restore point that you can go back to.  HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

Watch closely to see if you can determine what changed that caused this difficulty.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

@Sparkles1 wrote:

Hi @rhl_yadav,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a  wonderful place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I understand that the HP Support  Assistant has stopped working.  You have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the issue remains.

Did you do a restart after uninstalling, and before downloading and reinstalling ?

Have you tried installing the HP Support Assistant in administrative mode?

If you try to run it while is safe mode does it work?  HP PCs - Windows 8 Safe Mode

Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you checked for viruses and malware?  MS Malicious Software Removal Tool

To say thanks for replying please click the thumbs up button below.

If this overcomes your difficulty please tell people by choosing solution provided.

Good Luck!

I am having similar issue.

These popups I noted on my laptop 6-12 months ago. Using win 7. Eventually got it removed off my computer as could never get it to work. Tried all I could find in forums and installs, reinstalls.

Suffice it to say gave up.

Recently tried reinstalling again   and it appears installed.

No popups ;like from OP above (yet)

But now all I have is a Blue question mark in my taskbar that does nothing. Nothing on left or right click. Just sits there. Is this normal to just have ugly real estate there or is this supposed to work? Can anyone help me out?

HP Recommended

@Sparkles1 wrote:

Hi @rhl_yadav,

Good Luck!

Any recs for same -ish issues for Win 7?

HP Recommended

@rhl_yadav wrote:

hp support assistant stopped working on my hp 15 r014tx laptop. After this problem I uninstall hp support assistant and download new hp support assistant Setup and intall but problem not sloved it still not working.

I upload a screenshot which show what happen when i open hp support assistant. It's show error then stopped.hp support assistant 1

after that this happen
hp support assistant 2

then it close automatically.

Please tell me how i can fix it.
my pc is upto date all software.

appreciate the pics in your question

having similar issue and had those error popups for abotu 6 months until i gave up and cleared HPSA off computer.

Now I am trying (again) to get working, and I forgot that I had those errors too at some point.

apreciate the screenshots and commisurate with you. hope youve been back and running

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.