Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp mini 110
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
I bought a cute little hp mini in hair school from a buddy. Long story short, I haven't used it in years and I can't remember the password. I've tried the forgotten password wizard but it isnt working. I'm not sure how to contact my network provider. Please help. Thanks in advance! 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

F11 should be in the top row of smaller keys. Usually used for volume and other multimedia functions- except when booting. Look at top row for smaller text in left corner of each key.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Jajaken93

Power-on password or Windows login password???

REO

HP Recommended
I assume windows login. It gives me limited access on the hp part. (Excuse me im not tech savy at all) i cant download, watch videos, etc in that mode.

HP Recommended
Its windows 7 starter. You can go to it from the hp screen.
HP Recommended

If your mini has HP Recovery on it you should be able to get into it by tapping F11 key immediately after powering on:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418#AbT3

HP Recommended
I don't have the F11 key 😞
HP Recommended

F11 should be in the top row of smaller keys. Usually used for volume and other multimedia functions- except when booting. Look at top row for smaller text in left corner of each key.

HP Recommended
I feel so silly. I'm going to try it and let you guys know. Thanks:D
HP Recommended
It didnt work. Says the execption of unknown software exception (numbers) occured in the application at location (numbers)
Says click ok to terminate program. It shuts the computer down.

Never seen a prompt like it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.