Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi,

kindly help me.
i have HP Pavilion dv6-2138ca Entertainment Notebook PC and windows 7. my mouse"s scroll is not working. In device manager I have ps/2 compatible mouse, when i try to install synaptics recommended version 14.0.0.3 A  it says installation status failed due to error. I had synaptics version 14.0.0.3 so when i came to update that  it said out of dated so i uninstalled it from programs, then I just saw in device manager  ps/2 compatible mouse instead of synaptics, when i updated ps/2 compatible mouse it says this is up to date but  i mouse properties the device settings tab disappears and scroll is not functioning. May i uninstall ps/2 compatible mouse and if incase i uninstalled it then how many chances are there for me  to install synaptics recommended versio 14.0.0.3. or is this possible uninstalling ps/2 compatible mouse will not create any problems like mouse is not working etc.

Simply, i want toa ask you that can i uninstall ps/2 compatible mouse and install synaptics for making scroll works . Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe you need something like this:

mousex.png

You may want to try this version which is - 16.0.1.0:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56713.exe

before installing it first completely uninstall the current version you have installed

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe you need something like this:

mousex.png

You may want to try this version which is - 16.0.1.0:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56713.exe

before installing it first completely uninstall the current version you have installed

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

hi,

should i uninstall ps/2 compatible mouse ? before installing that you have recommended.

HP Recommended

hi,

but when iwent to hp softwear and drivers it recommends me synaptics version 14.0.0.3 A date 2009 something and you recommended me version 16 is that right for my pc ? please tell me

HP Recommended

yes i neeed this you got it.

HP Recommended

hi,

shouli uninstall or disable ps/2 compatible mouse before installing driver software thet you recommended for my pc ?

please help me

HP Recommended

hi,

by using above process without uninstalling or disabling the ps/2 compatible mouse ifound that

device updated but installation failed.changes occurs if i will restart and again the same situation as it was before no solution to this.

kindly help me to get rid of this bad situation/

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.