Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP G42 Notebook PC

Windows 7 64-bit

Dear HP Support Assistant , How to solve white screen ? I dont know how to fix it . This problem happen when i turn on my laptop then appear white screen . I have try CTRL + ALT + DEL then have recommend to System Restore and I click on it . Then my laptop be normal . But, after I off my computer in 2 hours and I on back , the same problem appear . Im scare, my laptop broken. Any suggestion? Thank .

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Typically a white screen is caused by a bad or loose connection between the monitor and the system board.  I would suggest checking the connections if you are technical and comfortable with doing that yourself.  If this isn't an option for you or doesn't fix the issue then I would suggest calling 1-800-hp invent to set up a service.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. With external monitor it is working fine.

I have also got it rechecked with the cable connnection on the motherboard but it is not working. Can the connection be lose inside LCD screen and we need to rip that apart to check ?

Also one of the repair guys was saying that it can be problem with motherboard with some display IC. Is that so ? I would like to reitrate that its working fine with external monitor so still there can be problem ith display IC ? 

HP Recommended

Preetinderv16

If you could please post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. With the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please feel free to re-post once you have the required information.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Notebook Model HP430 Notebook PC

Product Number A6C47PA#ACJ

HP Recommended

Preetinderv16

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .

I hope this helps.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.