Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought the same  cq56 compaq presario latop it appears that plastic shaded looks like cameral in which the manual also read as well i have try several times and the same YouCam greetings displayed backward as well. just dont understand the whole thing its looks like it happens to be there just to deceive others to buy it

HP Recommended

Just fill in ''YOU CAM''

then you'll find it!

HP Recommended

i have no images device option trying to figure out what looks to be a webcam and speaker at the top of my screen

HP Recommended

On skype it says that there is no webcam detected. I tried going to device manager and to the image devices, but it does not show a camera. HP mediasmart is also not installed on my computer.

I have a compaq presario cq56.

HP Recommended

i can't find imaging devices in my device manager i found you cam but it isnt sensing my camera. help!! plz plz plz!!

HP Recommended

Not all CQ56 Laptops have integrated webcams...

If you do have an integrated webcam that is not recognized, you may have to enable it via the Bios...

To enable it via the Bios:

Restart your comp, when the red title screen appears press the ESC buttion...

When the next screen appears press the 'f10' button, this will bring you to the Bios...

Arrow over to 'System Configuration' and look for an option that says 'Internal Camera' or something to that effect, and make sure the setting to the right of it says 'Enabled', if it doesn't then enable it...

After it's enabled press the 'f10' button again and to save changes and exit...

The comp will automatically reboot itself and the webcam should now be recognized

** Please click 'Kudos!' if this was helpful 🙂 **
HP Recommended

je perdu mon cd installation de driver mon portable, je ne sais pas comment installer le webcam de mon portable compaq presario cq56

HP Recommended

@mike416 wrote:

goto ur start and click,type in device manager click,goto imaging devices click,goto HP webcam 101 click ,to make sure

ur webcam is there and working then if it is close it and hit start again and type in "YOU CAM" and click you cam at the top of ur page you should get a registration page for you cam 3 register urself and ur web cam will automatically come on

The HP forum tells you to goto "cyberlink you cam" but that is incorrect there is no such thing on these pc's these pc's are made from cyberlinkl and they like the sound of there own name but if you my instructions you should have no problems

hope it helps

i wont dowload my webcam and Bluetooth CEQ-Mew

HP Recommended

i need download about webcam and bluetuth with my laptop plz cq56-219wm

thank u

HP Recommended

it said it had a built in webcam...but it says its a error code 10

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.