Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have tried the MovieMaker app and I just get a pic of HP MediaSmart Webcam & logo. How do I activate the webcam using Windows 7 on a Pavillion dm4? I'd appreciate some help

HP Recommended

My webcam stopped working - how can I get it to work again - HP Pavilion

Thanks,

Marguerite

HP Recommended

Hi Marguerite,

We can uninstall the old program , then reinstall a new cyberlink webcam program, and hopefully this will alleviate your

problem.  First, I want you to download the new webcam program from the link below, and save it in your documents folder, then go to programs and features in control panel, go to start, control panel, programs and features to uninstall the old webcam program.  Go back to your documents folder and double-click on the new cyberlink program to activate the new cyberlink.  This will automatically install an icon on your desktop to access your webcam.  Please let me know if this works successfully for you.  This is important because it allows me to continue helping people and not  have to answer post needlessly, that have receive postive results. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-113943-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

HP Recommended

i help out with finding how to do my web cam to take pictures of thing and also pets could you help out me please

HP Recommended

I do not know how to use the camera app windows8 on my h p notebook

HP Recommended

How do i get to my wecam icon "youcam" ?

HP Recommended

Hi Hawa,

The Youcam progam is in your program and features folder.  You go to start,control panel,program and features to see

ifthe youcam is loaded in your system.  Normally the icon is placed on your desktop when the program was initially

installed, if it is not displayed on your desktop now, you can reinstall the youcam program from the link below.  During

the  download process steps you either will be asked if you want to place the icon on your desktop, or it will tell

you that the icon will be placed on your desktop automatically.  Uninstall the old youcam program first, before you

reinstall the new youcam download.  This download will work for both windows 7 and windows 8

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-113943-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

HP Recommended

how do i access webcam on my hp laptop

HP Recommended
how do i access my webcam on my hp laptop
HP Recommended

Still waiting for answer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.