Message 1 of 3 (6,091 Views)

Windows 7 Driver for TV Tuner

I have just installed Windows 7 on my Pavilion DV9574EA and need a driver for my TV tuner. Does anybody know where I can download one from?

Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (6,036 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Driver for TV Tuner

I have an HP HDX18t-1200 that is "supposed" to have an ATSC TV Tuner built in, but I've never got it to work very well.  I have used the HP Support Assistant to locate a driver but it didn't work.  I went back there, again, and noticed there's a different drive there for a USB based TV Tuner, besides the older one.  The newer one has a higher version number so I'm going to try it.  I'll post the result.  Hope this helps for you, too.

Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 3 (6,033 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Driver for TV Tuner

I have found a link for Windows 7 TV Tuner Driver

Before downloading, make sure you go to your Device Manager, click on "Actions" and select "Scan for hardware changes" then making sure you have all of your Windows Updates.  Also I would recommend downloading the latest version of HP Support Assistant and run a maintenance scan. 

I am an HP employee.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation