Cannot get HP USB Hybrid TV Tuner to work properly or al all (2056 Views)
Student
funtodo
Message 1 of 2 (2,056 Views)

Cannot get HP USB Hybrid TV Tuner to work properly or al all

Purchased HP Pavillion dv7-3188cl laptop because I believed it would allow me to record TV programs. That was 3 weeks ago. Then ordered the TV Tuner which arrived about 2 weks ago.  Had much trouble during tuner setup/install process which MAY have messed up some things on the PC.  Anyway I was advised by HP to try tuner on a different computer and it worked OK on a Windows 7 desktop using both the TV antenna and also a coax feed from WOW using ATSC digital.

I tried setup again on the target PC and am getting messages like "No Tuner Available" "Resource being used by Another Program" or words to that effect.  Also, during one of the software setups I tried, one message said that if I continued "Playback would stop" and I did not know what playback I had asked for.  Finally, when I ask Windows to safely remove hardware, the Tuner shows up, but then it cannot be released because another program has it.  Could my many installations of the driver, setups on Media Center and HP Media Smart, etc. be all tangled up? 

I want to be able to setup a analog cable feed, but I am also having the same problems if I try a digital cable connection.

Tutor
Pikalax
Message 2 of 2 (1,630 Views)

Re: Cannot get HP USB Hybrid TV Tuner to work properly or al all

Sorry for bumping this dead topic, but it is relevant to my current situation. I would like to eject my HP USB Analog Digital TV Tuner so I can free up one of my three USB ports. However, attempting to remove it via the "Eject Device" menu results in the same "Another program is using this device" error that funtodo is getting. Moreover, when I bypass the "Eject Device" menu and remove the Tuner, I cannot put my laptop into sleep mode until the next time I start it up (attempts result in the laptop freezing on a black screen, not falling asleep but not allowing me to abort Sleep Mode either; eventually the screen turns blue and deathly.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation