Re: HP MediaSmart DVD Playing Blu-Ray DVD's on DVX series (10422 Views)
Top Student
kp_design3
Message 31 of 52 (10,425 Views)

Re: HP MediaSmart DVD Playing Blu-Ray DVD's on DVX series

I can get the dvd to play but not the blue ray?
Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 32 of 52 (10,422 Views)

What's the title of the Blu-ray movie ? Is that the only Blu-ray movie that won't play ?

Disable your anti-virus program again.

Leave MS DVD where it is and install Cyberlink Power DVD10.

Save Power DVD 10 to the desk top as before and install it from there, not from a temporary folder.

If it won't install you may have to extract the files as you did for MS DVD, but it should install.

After it's done restart your laptop and let it load automatically with out opening the DVD10.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54746.exe

Top Student
kp_design3
Message 33 of 52 (10,418 Views)

Same issue opens dvd not blueray
Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 34 of 52 (10,415 Views)

That's it then, in some cases like with MacAfee it has to be totally uninstalled before a Blu-ray will play. This has to be done before you even install teh player.

You could try that with your Kaspersky.

I really wish you would answer my questions though.

What is the name of the Blu-ray that won't play and is it the only title ?

Top Student
kp_design3
Message 35 of 52 (10,412 Views)

It is Breaking Dawn and I dont have another one to try

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 36 of 52 (10,400 Views)

It's probably the title, it's very new. There is an update available, save it to the desk top and install it from there.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/update/v2/update.jsp?fileTypeId=0&PRODUCTNAME=PowerDVD&PRODUCTVERSION=...

After the update is done, restart your machine and try again.

You may also want to go to AMD and run the auto driver finder for your ATI card, new security protocols are put in place with each new Blu-ray and it may be necessary to update your graphics driver as well, but try updating Power DVD10 first.

If you decide to update you graphics driver, create a Windows manual restore point before you begin.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

Honor Student
nO_ficKst_ideas
Message 37 of 52 (8,654 Views)

Hi, I have been following this link and instructions from haggiscat.

I have an HP DV5 1009tx

Originally Vista but upgraded to Windows 7 Home premium 32bit SP1

Intel Core2Duo T94-- @ 2.53Ghz, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9600m GT

1. I have uninstalled MediaSmart in favour of Cyberlink Power DVD as per sp54746
  2.  I successfully installed this programme and it played my Blu ray "AVATAR" but with very poor quality, lots of pixalation and choppy images. unwatchable.
  3.  I then found your reference to upgrade as per CyberLink.3715(Ultra_Free_DVD111219-02
  4.  This also loaded successfully but when I tried the blu ray it returned an error code 80040256

Can you please help with this issue. Thanks.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 38 of 52 (8,647 Views)

[ Edited ]

I need to see what NVIDIA driver you're running before I can help. Find the "Device Manager" in the "Control Panel" and follow the instructions in the screen shot. :smileyhappy:

Was this an in-situ upgrade or a clean install of Windows 7 ?

NVIDIA.PNG

Honor Student
nO_ficKst_ideas
Message 39 of 52 (8,634 Views)

Thank you for your response.

The windows 7 install was using an upgrade pack in situ. I do not have a clean install version available.

The NVIDIA driver has just been updated and is Driver version 8.17.13.142 dated 15/05/2012 described as a verde driver

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 40 of 52 (8,621 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is possible to perform clean install with an upgrade, but we won't go there right now.

You may have done some of these steps that I am going to have you do, but rather then ask a pile of questions I will just go over them again.

Install CCleaner and WinRaR file extraction programs, you'll need them later.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Uninstall Power DVD10, then find a file with a name of Cyberlink in Documents _ delete the Cyberlink file as well. (uninstall any Media Smart DVD versions as well)

Run the registry cleaner in CCleaner as many times as necessary until it finds nothing.

Restart and run CCleaner again _ it should not find anything.

Save this file of the NVIDIA driver to the desk top and install it from there, do not run it from a temporary folder.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/44970

When you follow the prompts to install the driver you will have a choice to do a custom install, choose that and tick the box to do a clean install of the driver and restart.

Download this latest version of Power DVD10 to the desk top.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56904.exe

When it's done right click on the file and choose to extract files. A new folder will appear on the desk top. Open that and find the install file to begin the installation of Power DVD10, the 10th one from the bottom.

Please check the size of the extracted file before installing DVD10, right click and go to Properties.

It should be  Size On Disk 150 KB and (157,290,496 bytes)

When Power DVD is installed _ restart. Load Avatar by using the release button on the drawer itself with out opening Power DVD10.

Give it some time, it may seem like it's not going to do anything, bit it will.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation