How do I connect my HP Laptop to Samsung TV (17516 Views)
Honor Student
wilsonfallows
Message 1 of 5 (17,516 Views)

How do I connect my HP Laptop to Samsung TV

I have HP Laptop Pavilion zd8007ea, operating system Windows XP. I have Samsung 32” Flat screen TV which I wish to connect to. I have SVGA cable that connects PC to TV. When I select the source on the TV to PC, the screen in just blank, but if I then disconnect the cable, the TV will display the message ‘No signal being received’ so there must be some connectivity between the two with the cable connected. Some two years ago I had a fault on the screen of the laptop, and to check it was a screen fault and not the graphics card, I plugged in the flat screen monitor from my desktop computer, and it displayed straight away, without the need to do anything. I also have an Eee pc notebook, which I used the same SVGA cable with connected to the TV, on the notebook the F8 key shows two screens on it, and by pressing it I get the notebook display on the TV. On the HP Laptop none of the ‘F’ keys appear to be designated to use to have the display on an external monitor. I have posted this question on other sites, but none of the suggestions work, Help!!

Honor Student
MIOG
Message 2 of 5 (17,512 Views)

Re: How do I connect my HP Laptop to Samsung TV

Try right-clicking on your computer screen "Connect to a Projector" and select your TV. It should work this way.

Honor Student
wilsonfallows
Message 3 of 5 (17,503 Views)

'Connect to a projector' is not an option listed when I right click on my computer screen

Intern
razzamatazzboca
Message 4 of 5 (17,469 Views)

Had the same problem with my dv8t laptop and an intergrated audio visual receiver.

If I hit the pc button on the tv's remote- "no signal"

Same if I hit the a/v button on the remote.

Then I remembered something I read in the tv's manual-

It said to have everything hooked up and then plug in the tv.

IT WORKED.

Maybe it's not hot swappable like usb.

HTH

Honor Student
Rcj8993
Message 5 of 5 (17,452 Views)

you could try to look if your computer has the driver to use it.

you could use an RGB cable, and also if you have an HDMI cabe and can use it with ur computer you can use video and audio on the TV.

tho if ur pc is like my laptop you may need to enable the HDMI (or other port) to use for audio or video.

and possible disable the Computers speakers for the audio to work.

if you have an optical cable or port for it on your computer i believe you could use that aswell.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation