Question

Student
xoopdeloop
Message 1 of 11 (29,181 Views)

How do I turn on my webcam? Pavillion dv7-6175us Entertainment PC. Window 7

You cam error message says

"No webcam detected.   If you are using an integrated camera, make sure it is turned on." 

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to turn it on.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 11 (29,178 Views)

Re: How do I turn on my webcam? Pavillion dv7-6175us Entertainment PC. Window 7

Hi,

Please check it in Device Manager to see it is there or not. You have to enable it if it there:

cam.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
lacimiranda
Message 3 of 11 (27,710 Views)

I have the same issue. It is not listed under the device manager. how do i enable it? Thank you

Top Student
dj511185
Message 4 of 11 (26,501 Views)

The bottom line is...you can"t. The HP forums are filled with thousands of us with this problem. HP customer service has only 1 solution...delete, delete, delete, then reformat your hard drive. This is a bunch of garbage. Our computer has a design flaw. The connection to the integrated cam is pulled loose from the computer being opened and closed. The screen must be removed and the cable connection plugged back in. The HP forums have many links to instructions on how to do this from other owners. Or you can box it up and send it in to HP for 2 months while they fix it.  My advise: burn through customer service, get your "service tag" , go through the process...and then get your money back under the lemon law. This model is seriously flawed. You can expect the finger print reader to freeze, the device manager to randomly uninstall your printers, the front of the casing to break off from the slightest pressure from your hands on the keyboard, and more. 

Student
BigD45238
Message 5 of 11 (14,769 Views)

Is this true?  I'v never tried turning mine on and taking pictures or making videos.  but my niece would enjoy it very much.

I'd hate to send it away and I'd hate it even more if I had to take it apart and put it back together!  

Thank you!

Top Student
dj511185
Message 6 of 11 (14,753 Views)

I am sorry to say...but, yes, it is true. HP knew of this design flaw in our model but put the computer out anyway. The opening and closing of the laptop results in the connecting wires being pulled loose from the cam located at the top of the screen. To access this, you must take the screen apart, reconnect, and then re-enforce somehow. I decided the fastest thing to do was spend the 30 bucks for an external cam rather than deal with the other issues. 

Student
chuck898
Message 7 of 11 (9,595 Views)

Re: How do I turn on my webcam? Pavillion dv7-6175us Entertainment PC. Window 7 Home Premium

There is no listing for "Imaging Devices"  on this Pavillion dv7-6175us Entertainment PC.  Window 7 Home Premium. 

Any better sugestions?

Top Student
dj511185
Message 8 of 11 (9,585 Views)

Re: How do I turn on my webcam? Pavillion dv7-6175us Entertainment PC. Window 7 Home Premium

The computer has a design flaw in that opening and closing the laptop causes the power connection to the web cam to come loose. The only "fix" is to dissemble the screen and reattach. 

Honor Student
CockLover
Message 9 of 11 (8,079 Views)

Well, what a royal screw-up, HP....What do you intend to do about it? Nothing? Oh, Ok, I will remember that next time when its time for me to get a new laptop and my friends and family also will know about this to stay away from HP.

Student
PDC1
Message 10 of 11 (4,488 Views)

On the internet there are two videos that explain how to fix the internal webcam. It is very simple and takes 1 minute. Since this is a design fault I do not understand why HP does not put this as a solution on it's web site. I have spent at least a week to perform a fix that takes a half minute. Losen the front mounting around the screen. Look for a "white" connector towards the right center. Push up on the connecter with a credit card. Also look at the video on the net.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation