MediaSmart Webcam HELP! (1791 Views)
Student
karelis19
Message 1 of 3 (1,791 Views)

MediaSmart Webcam HELP!

[ Edited ]

Please help me with this issue. 

My computer has this awesome MediaSmart Webcam. I can't use it anymore. I don't know why, it is still on my computer, well at least the shortcut. I double click on the shortcut to open it but I can't, it will not open. I get the little loading circle thingy but when it's done, when it's suppost to open it does not. I was told I have to re download the program but I don't know where.

I have the Pavilion Entertainment dv4, model # 2045dx.

Thank You,

Karelis

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (1,775 Views)

Re: MediaSmart Webcam HELP!

Hi,

Download and install Revo Uninstaller from the link below.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-freeware-version.php

Run revo and use it to uninstall your HP MediaSmart Webcam software.  Right click on the icon of the program you wish to remove and select Uninstall.  During the process you may be asked to delete registry entries, just select all and then click delete.  Do the same for any left over files and folders.  Once the uninstall has completed, reboot the notebook.

Now download the latest Webcam installer on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50783.exe

When the download has completed, right click on the installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation - be patient as the installation can take a while and may appear to be doing nothing at times.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
ljcat
Message 3 of 3 (1,506 Views)

Re: MediaSmart Webcam HELP!

I was successful uninstalling the hp mediasmart webcam using revo. however, the download will not install
:
 error2711 feature name ("RC"), and error1603 fatal error during installation, consult msi.chm or msdn for more info.  NO SUCCESS. running windows 7. can u help????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation